Mexican/salsa cube steak. Brown the cube steaks on both sides. Mix salsa, lime juice and black pepper in a bowl. This is the best recipe for cubed steaks!
This Mexican-inspired meal is perfect for lazy Sunday barbecues with family and friends. Alternatively, set a griddle pan over a. Mexican salsa is traditionally served with tortilla chips, bread sticks, pitta bread, and raw vegetables or as a spread for tacos, fajitas and quesadillas. You can have Mexican/salsa cube steak using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican/salsa cube steak
- You need 4 pieces of tenderized Cube steak.
- It’s 2 cups of salsa. Any kind that suits your fancy. I use pace mild because it’s cheap and not spicy.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cheddar Colby cheese shredded or sliced.
- Prepare of Oil. Any kind.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Salsa is not usually cooked, although there are some recipes that call for the chillies and tomatoes to be grilled or charred to give a smoky flavouring. Watch how to make an incredibly easy cube steak. Seasoned steaks are fried and then slowly simmered in broth. After a couple hours, the meat comes out so tender and delicious.
Mexican/salsa cube steak instructions
- Ok. Did you read the recipe? Did you go to the grocery store? Do you Have all your ingredients? If the answer is yes then let’s START..
- Here we go. Pat dry your cube steak. Dry. You don’t want to steam them you want to brown them. And because they are naturally wet that is a little more difficult..
- Heat your frying pan. No oil. Not yet..
- Generously salt and pepper both sides..
- Add the Oil to your hot pan. About 2-3 tablespoons. Add the pieces of meat one at a time and be careful not to splash oil on your self. Sear for several minutes until brown..
- Turn over steak and brown on the other side. Don’t turn the heat on the pan down. At this point you may have some liquid in the pan. That’s ok. Cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Add salsa and a 1/2 cup water. I live at high altitude with low humidity So I have to add a little more water..
- Cook at medium heat (a soft boil) for 35 to 45 minutes. it looks weird I know but don’t lose faith..
- Remove cover and cook off excess liquid – So that you have kind of a thickened red gravy. Don’t leave the room. It goes fast when it starts to cook off..
- Add the cheese and melt for 2 minutes. You can really use any cheese. And that’s it! Meat and salsa in an intimate beautiful relationship..
- I serve with mashed potatoes and sour cream. But you could serve it with rice, tortillas, bread or whatever..
- Enjoy yourself. Smile and be happy and your food will taste better. Really. 😁.
Try this fan-favorite Mexican salsa recipe and get more recipes, inspiration and ideas on Food.com. The versasility of this salsa is amazing! Try it on chips, eggs, grilled chicken or steak! This recipe is so simple, you dont need to roast peppers or cook the onion, throw it all in the blender and serve. Easy, homemade salsa prepared with on-hand ingredients.