"Sweet Steamed Tilapia (cichlid fish) with Sweet and Sour Sauce".
You can cook "Sweet Steamed Tilapia (cichlid fish) with Sweet and Sour Sauce" using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Sweet Steamed Tilapia (cichlid fish) with Sweet and Sour Sauce"
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 of or 1/2 kls – your own choice fish or Tilapia (cichlid fish).
- It’s 1 of pc – ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – oil.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 200 ml of – water.
- It’s 1 cup of – vinegar (for the sour taste).
- It’s 1/2 cup of – sugar (for sweetened).
- It’s 1 tbsp of – soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cup – ketchup (for the red color of the sauce and for the taste).
- You need 1 of Salt and Black pepper to taste…
- Prepare 1 of Tip: you can use CORNSTARCH for your desired thickening… (dissolve into small amount of water before mixing to the sauce).
"Sweet Steamed Tilapia (cichlid fish) with Sweet and Sour Sauce" step by step
- Preheat your oven at 250°c..
- In a baking dish marinate the fish with salt and pepper, add the oil and ginger (ginger helps to remove the "Lansa" or stench or taste of the fish). Put in the pre-heated oven..
- While waiting for the fish to cook, we will make now the sauce. In a sauce pan add the water, vinegar, and the sugar mix it with wire whisk until the sugar dissolve into the mixture, add now the soy sauce, then the ketchup (balance the taste of the sauce by adding Gradually the ketchup) and season with salt and pepper for better taste..
- You can use Cornstarch for thickening for your desired sauce..