Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili. The warm, spiced beef with the creamy hummus creates a wonderful taste and texture pairing that is perfect scooped up with toasted pita bread. To Make the Spicy Beef: add the ground beef to a large skillet or cast iron pan along with the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, dried oregano, cayenne pepper. Hummus with Spicy Beef recipe: A delicious and more Hearty Hummus with extra Meat from Rouxbe.
This recipe is the culmination of several years' worth of experimenting to get just the right flavor. Sprinkle individual servings of Spicy Chili with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped onion if you like. Plus, a dollop of sour cream can cut some of the spiciness. You can cook Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili
- It’s of Chili Ingredients.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of Lean ground beef of choice.
- Prepare 2 of Green Peppers (diced).
- You need 2 of Red Peppers (diced).
- It’s 2 large of Poblano Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of containers of Roasted Red Hummus.
- Prepare 2 can of Tri Colored Beans (drained).
- Prepare 2 can of tomato paste.
- You need 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 of Ripe Avocados.
- It’s 2 of Squeezed Limes.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 3 packages of chili powder.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of seasoning salt.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need 1 packages of Crackers.
- Prepare 1 packages of Cheese of choice.
How to Cook Spicy Beef and Hummus Wrap. The Best Hummus Without Chickpeas Recipes on Yummly Edamame Hummus, Edamame Hummus, Provencal White Bean Hummus. It makes the hummus really pretty!
Trav's Spicy Beef Hummus Chili step by step
- I used a Crockpot for this recipe, but a large pot will work also. Prepare something large for it all to go into..
- Brown meat, add to pot..
- Open all cans of tomato paste and diced tomatoes, do not drain and add to pot..
- Drain cans of beans and add to pot..
- Use a spoon and add hummus to pot..
- Finely dice all peppers, avocados, and onion and add to pot..
- Add brown sugar to pot..
- Finely dice cilantro and add to pot..
- Squeeze juices of two limes into pot and stir..
- Add three packages of Chili Powder and the rest of the seasonings to taste. I put "to taste" in case you prefer more or less of something. I love cumin and crushed red pepper so I was heavy on both..
- Let it cook! I had mine in the Crockpot for approximately 6 hours and it was great!.
- Add shredded cheese of choice and crackers to finish it off, enjoy!.
Any hummus lover will tell you that the spread can be used so many ways. My favorite uses for this is as a vegetable dip or as a Process garbanzo beans, tahini, chili pepper, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender (I use a mini-chopper) until smooth. Remove the beef from the marinade; discard marinade. Dry beef slices between paper towels. To assemble the wraps, lay the collard leaves out flat on a cutting board, divide the rice between them, and spread over evenly.