Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes. A delicious Indian Spiced Chicken Stew, with potatoes, tomatoes and a blend of Indian spices slow cooked for a complete and comforting meal. I spied this Indian Spiced Chicken Stew in the latest Bon Apetit and immediately slotted it in for an upcoming meal. We enjoyed it for dinner last night and.
A hearty Indian spiced chicken stew, with potatoes in a spicy tomato and cream sauce. Perfect served with yogurt and naan bread. This Indian Tomato Cilantro Chicken is full of flavor from tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, chilies, onion, ginger and spices. You can cook Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes
- You need 3 of medium chicken breasts trimmed.
- It’s 1/2 pound of baby potatoes halved.
- Prepare 3 of red chiles minced.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s of Small onion fine chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger grated.
- You need Cup of heavy whip.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of coriander.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Lemon.
A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices. It is fine to For the seasonings I substituted sage for oregano thyme rosemary and Adobo. I sauteed the chicken with Adobo poultry seasoning and italian seasoning blend. Similar to tikka masala and butter chicken, this Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes is perfect for cold weather and can be made days ahead of time.
Indian spiced stew with chicken and potatoes step by step
- Salt and pepper and sear chicken in a ditch oven on both sides and remove.
- Add all veggies until the onions are browned, about 15 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and seasonings until the paste turns brown, about 5 minutes..
- Add chicken, stock, purée, tomato paste and heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cover partially and reduce heat and simmer. Cook about an hour until chicken is about ready to fall apart and pull it out and pull into but sized pieces..
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes and add chicken back and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Juice half a lemon and simmer for 10 minutes and pull off the heat and serve with cilantro, yogurt and naan bread.
This simple and healthy recipe packs a punch full of flavour and is a great alternative to an indulgent curry for any night of the week. Spiced potatoes, chickpeas and carrots are simmered in a savory vegetable broth with spinach and plump raisins to make this hearty Indian Chickpea Stew! My favorite part of this chickpea and potato stew (other than the garam masala, of course) are the plump, sweet raisins. Skinnytaste > Indian Recipes > Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potato. Indian food is one of my favorites.