Awadh murgh korma. Chicken Korma – Awadh's best and commonly known delicacy. Today I am sharing a mouthwatering recipe Murgh Awadhi Korma and Vegetable Fried Rice. Please give it a try at home and you and your family would love it.
Youngest of the warrior-clan Murgh, he combines spiced chicken pieces in a mild yet piquant sauce. His smooth tongue makes him popular with the ladies. "Murgh" is a Persian word used in Indian cooking meaning, "Chicken". Order food online from Shaam-E-Awadh, Aundh, Pune. You can cook Awadh murgh korma using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Awadh murgh korma
- You need 500 gm of boneless chicken cut into 1 pieces.
- Prepare 2 of onions grind to paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of clarified butter.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2" of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 small of cardamom , powdered.
- It’s 6 tbsp of yogurt, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s of chicken marinade (marinate the chicken for 30 minutes).
- You need 1 & 1/2 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green chilli paste.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Grind to a smooth paste.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tsp of white poppy / sesame seeds.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh coconut , desiccated.
- Prepare 50 gm of cashew nuts.
- It’s a needed of water.
Chicken marinated in yoghurt and spices – grill it, bake it or use a tandoor. This is a traditional recipe of marinated mutton cooked in a spicy curry made with yogurt, cream. Korma originates in northern India and appeals to all taste palates, ranging from mild to medium-hot for a family-friendly dish. Tender chicken is cooked in a gravy made with onions, green chilies.
Awadh murgh korma step by step
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the clarified butter..
- Add the cloves, cinnamon and green cardamom.sir for a few minutes..
- Add the onion paste and saute on medium flame until the onion water dries up..
- Add the marinated chicken along with the red chilli powder. Saute for a few minutes..
- Add the cashew nuts – coconut paste and yogurt along with 1/2 cup of water and salt..
- Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Cover and cook on low flame until the chicken is cooked and desired consistency is reached..
- Sprinkle with black cardamom powder..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sedless raisins and fried chopped cashew nuts..
- Serve hot with Indian flatbread like roomali rotis..
Delicious Shahi Mushroom Korma / Plant Based Recipe. Murgh musallam (whole chicken) is a Mughlai dish originating from the Indian subcontinent. It consists of whole chicken marinated in a ginger-garlic paste. Creamy Indian Chicken Curry (Murgh Korma). A korma is not a curry, which is a misnomer for many dishes in the Indian repertoire.