Braised Fennel and Potatoes. Braised Fennel and Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stir in fennel fronds before serving. I braise the potatoes and fennel in half-and-half until they're soft, tender, and well-seasoned, then pop them under the broiler with a EmilyC has created the perfect lovechild of creamy and crispy potato sides.
I recently shared a delicious salad recipe with steak, cranberries and fennel, and I think fennel is one of those vegetables that are underused and that help bring such a light and distinct. Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. Season with fennel seed, salt and pepper. You can have Braised Fennel and Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised Fennel and Potatoes
- You need 1 of Fennel Bulb, Large.
- You need 1 of Onion, large.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 lb of Red Potatoes.
Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer. Cut potatoes lengthwise in julienne strips. Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. Stir in the potatoes, browned sausages, lemon zest and juice, bay leaves, half the chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ten turns of the black pepper mill.
Braised Fennel and Potatoes instructions
- Set the circulator for 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut fennel lengthwise, thick slices..
- Halve the onion then cut lengthwise into thick slices..
- Combine fennel, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper with the olive oil in a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 40 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut potatoes crosswise into ¼ inch slices..
- Add potatoes, water and remaining tsp of salt into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 25 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Remove all ingredients from their pouches and blend well in a serving dish..
- Serve immediately..
Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. Season with fennel seed, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, bring to a simmer. Fennel bulb, onions, cayenne pepper, sea salt, olive oil, extra-virgin, red skinned potatoes, water. Quarter bulb lengthwise and core, then cut lengthwise into ¼ inch-thick slices.