Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits.
You can have Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 3 cups of sifted self rising flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetables oil.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk approx.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of small block sharp cheddar cheese, optional.
Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven 375-400. Sift flour into mixing bowl.
- Add oil.
- Pour in buttermilk till dough sticks to spoon when held upside down, but only holds a heaping spoonful. If using cheese use a.
- Coat pan, 8×5, or better yet baking stone with small lip, with butter. Drop tablesspoonful of batter each just barely touching..
- If using cheese use teaspoon of batter then a 1/4 inch thick slice cheese the same size as biscuit pressing slightly. Then add another teaspoon of dough on top..
- Bake center rack 30-40 minutes, till tops are golden. You can check bottom using fork to lift a side biscuit. If bottom starts to brown before top Chang to broil till tops are golden..