You can have Cinnamon Rolls using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- It’s of Bread Dough.
- It’s 1/2 cup of full cream/full fat milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 cups of flour + more if needed.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 80 grams of soft butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- For the dough, mix all wet ingredients and yeast. Let the yeast bloom for about 10-15 minutes..
- Pour the flour and salt into the wet ingredients. Mix using a bread hook until fully incorporated. The dough is very sticky compared to regular bread dough. Add a small amount of flour if you find it too sticky..
- Transfer your dough on to a floured surface. Knead your dough until smooth or for 5 minutes. Keep sprinkling flour to keep sticking from the surface. Roll it into a giant ball of dough..
- Grease a deep pan with oil. Transfer the dough and cover with cling wrap or wet towel. Let rise for 1 hr..
- Once the dough is already double in size, punch it to let the air out. Transfer on a floured surface..
- Knead the dough for a bit to release more air. About a few seconds..
- Using a rolling pin, flatten and spread the dough to make a thin rectangular shape..
- Make the filling: mix all filling ingredients until all is fully incorporated and at a spreadable consistency like peanut butter..
- Spread the filling on the flattened dough equally..
- Roll from the longer side of the dough. Roll it tightly. Don't fold, roll. Take your time. 🤣.
- When done rolling, even out thicker area by stretching it a bit..
- Cut your dough into 8 big portions. Or 16 mini portions..
- Grease a pan with butter or oil. Arrange the rolls into the pan. Make sure to show those twirly side up. It's ok if they touch each other but not to tightly. Cover for 30 minutes to make them rise or become a bit thick..
- Preheat oven to 180°C. When rolls are already risen, bake them in the oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown..
- While baking, make your glaze by mixing the glaze ingredients. Glaze consistency should be runny but not liquid..
- When done baking, glaze your rolls while still hot. Let that glaze harden a bit then Enjoy!!.