Open Faced Seared Beef Sirloin Tartine.
You can cook Open Faced Seared Beef Sirloin Tartine using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Open Faced Seared Beef Sirloin Tartine
- Prepare 2 of 8oz Seasoned Beef Sirloin.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of Peppercorn Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 of Shallot, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Green Peppercorns (in brine), roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cognac.
- You need 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 8 slice of Artisan Bread, such as Ciabatta, Flatbread, or Baguette.
- Prepare 2 cup of Arugula.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
Open Faced Seared Beef Sirloin Tartine step by step
- Season the raw beef sirloin with salt and pepper..
- Place your seasoned sirloin into a sous-vide pouch with a tablespoon of butter..
- Vacuum seal the bag and cook in a water bath at 59.5 C (139.1 F) for 45 minutes **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller’s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- Heat some butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat..
- Add the onions to the pan, and sauté until onions are caramelized..
- Deglaze the pan with a little water occasionally to scrap up the bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Season the onions to taste with salt and pepper, remove onions from pan, and set aside..
- Make the sauce: Heat the butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat..
- Add the shallots and sweat for 1 minute..
- Add the peppercorns and continue to sweat for 1 minute..
- Remove pan from heat..
- Carefully add the Cognac, ignite, and allow the flame to burn off alcohol..
- Return pan to heat, add the stock and reduce by half..
- Add the cream and reduce until the sauce is able to coat the back of a spoon; season with salt to taste and set aside. Hold the sauce warm..
- Toast the bread in a pan with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper..
- Plate the toasted bread..
- Remove the sirloin from the pouch, slice and set aside..
- Add the meat to the sauce until warmed through..
- Place the meat on top of the bread..
- In a bowl, drizzle the arugula with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to blend..
- Top the meat with the arugula. Serve immediately..