Vegan Chocolate Cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. Four years ago this month, John and I were just kids planning our wedding.
You can use rice flour or something other than wheat. You can also add chocolate chips and, or I didn't tell anyone that it was vegan so they wouldn't prejudge the cake. I'm super happy to say that this post for The Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Cake is sponsored by World Kitchen, who I love for their affordable, non-stick baking pans. You can cook Vegan Chocolate Cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Dry ingredients.
- It’s 280 g of flour.
- It’s 75 g of Nesquik.
- You need 1 packet of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 200 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- You need 350 ml of soy milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 200 ml of vegetable oil (or sub half the oil for 5 tbsp applesauce).
- Prepare 1 of strong expresso.
- You need of Ganache.
- You need 100 g of chocolate.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy milk.
- You need Pinch of salt.
While the cakes cool prepare the frosting. Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick.
Vegan Chocolate Cake step by step
- Combine all dry ingredients. Set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F..
- Combine milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 min until the mixture bubbles..
- Pour all wet ingredients into dry. Mix until just combined..
- Pour in a parchment-lined round cake pan and bake for around 30 min. Wait until cool to serve or frost. Enjoy :).
Now, you might think a vegan chocolate cake recipe will be difficult to master. There's no egg to hold things together and to give the cake it's lift, no gluten to prevent the cake from going crumbly. A simple vanilla cake batter with chocolate chips or chunks mixed in. Tips to Bake Soft, moist Vegan Cake/bread Loafs. When baking loafs or thicker cakes, you want a thicker batter.