Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice. Rice may also be separated from dutch oven at this point. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, pepper, and salt. Coat an oven-proof Dutch oven with cooking spray.
Remove chicken from Dutch oven, and set aside. Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. You can still find them on eBay. You can cook Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of wild rice.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1-1.5 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of boulion cube.
- Prepare 2 tsp of -Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of – Adobe season.
- You need 1 tsp of – season salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of – rosemary.
I bought my sisters each one, so that the family copy could be mine. This Dutch oven roasting trick was something I picked up while working on a cookbook a few years ago. In his book, EverydayCook, Alton Brown roasts a whole turkey inside a Dutch oven, which cuts down on the roasting time and keeps the turkey from drying out. While you'll need a specific Dutch oven for a Thanksgiving bird, an everyday Dutch oven can turn chicken into an inspired all-in-one.
Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken with wild rice step by step
- Rinse at pat dry chicken. Set aside. Ok to brine chicken 24 hours prior. 1/4 cup salt, garlic powder, adobe season. Dissolve salt in 4 cups water. Increase liquid add season of choice add citrus or fruit juice as well. Fully cover chicken with brine..
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in dutch oven, on med high heat add wild rice and sautee for 2 min. Add water and boulion. Bring to low boil.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and coat chicken with butter. And coat with dry rub. Put chicken in dutch oven into rice mixture..
- Cover and remove from stove heat and put in oven at 325F. Cook for 1.5 – 2 hours. Rice should be done and liquidy thick. Chicken, leg thigh should pull off easy..
- Optional… Rice may also be separated from dutch oven at this point. And chicken put back in oven turn up to 350 F coat with additional rub if desired. Cook uncovered 30 more minutes to get skin more textured. Enjoy wirh favorite of veggies.
Tips for making the BEST Whole Roast Chicken. This will help the skin crisp up to perfection. Add a LOT of salt and pepper inside, and stuff it with the lemon rinds, rosemary sprigs and stems, garlic scraps, and onion scraps. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables!