Simple Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce.
You can have Simple Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce
- You need 10 of Scotch Bonnet Chillies.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
Simple Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce step by step
- Slice the each chillies into quarters and remove the seeds and stalk. Chop the garlic into small chunks. Try not to inhale through the nose at this point although, the fumes from the scotch bonnets might make your face bleed..
- In a small pot, boil the peppers and garlic in 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with the lid on until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Be careful when opening the lid- inhaling a mix of concentrated heat and vinegar fumes is rather unpleasant..
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender add 1TBSP of sugar and 1 TSP of salt. Puree the mixture. Run the puree through a sieve back into the pan and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently..
- Now is the time to begin tasting.I found that my sauce needed another 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 more TSP of salt and 1TBSP of sugar and 2 TBSP of lime juice. The consistency should be a smidgen thicker than water. Stir the ingredients together..
- Pour your efforts into a sterilized bottle and enjoy. If refrigerated, your sauce should keep for up to three months..