Slow Cook Rib Eye – medium rare.
You can cook Slow Cook Rib Eye – medium rare using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cook Rib Eye – medium rare
- Prepare 1 kg of Rib eye.
- It’s 2 sprigs of Rosemary.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Butter.
Slow Cook Rib Eye – medium rare step by step
- Set the sous vide cooker. Preheat water temperature to 55C/131F for medium rare, 60C/140F for medium, 65C/149F for medium well, 70C/158F or above for well done.
- Use butcher’s twine to truss the rib eye into even sections. This helps to retain a nice shape after sous vide.
- Season the beef with some salt, pepper and olive oil before searing the beef.
- Sear all sides of the beef in a hot pan, baste with butter, until the beef has a nice, dark caramelization all over the exterior. Remember it’s a quick sear, don’t cook it through.
- Add rosemary and the garlic into the pan, baste with the hot butter quickly, remove it as soon as the rosemary is still bright green and when the garlic is not burnt yet.
- Rest the rib eye in room temperature until slightly cool. Transfer the rib eye to a zip bloc bag or sous vide bag, add together the cooking juices and herbs, set the bag into the preheated water.
- Sous vide for around 2 hours. (You can ensure the doneness by checking the internal meat temperature by using a meat thermometer).
- Just before you serve the rib eye, remove the beef from the bag, dry it with kitchen paper. Put the beef into the hot pan again with butter for a final sear.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes, don’t forget to remove the butcher’s twine, cut into slices and serve with your favorite vegetables, enjoy😋.