Italian meatballs aka Polpette. They are delicious in spaghetti sauce and make a perfect meatball sandwich! You can even simmer them with your favorite spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker when. The good thing is, Italians do eat meatballs.
In different regions in Italy, you will find meatballs served with different sauces, broth. In Italy is a second course, many of you love to eat them with Spaghetti. Here they are the terific Meatballs in tomato sauce! You can cook Italian meatballs aka Polpette using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian meatballs aka Polpette
- It’s 400 gr of mince beef meat.
- It’s 1 slice of bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of small glass of milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 3 pinch of parsley.
- It’s 1 of egg.
My mom's friend who is Italian gave me a copy of her family cookbook that they had bound and published. It was a wedding shower gift that I treasure. These easy Eggplant Meatballs/Polpette without the meat, are a fast, easy and tasty way to use eggplant. Make them as a main dish or appetizer.
Italian meatballs aka Polpette step by step
- Gather the materials and put in the multi mixer the bread with milk, parsley and parmesan. If the bread is already crumbled no need for mixer..
- Break the egg in the mince meat add salt and pepper and stir..
- Add in the minced meat the mixed ingredients and stir to obtain a smooth result. Then put it to rest in the fridge at least half hour..
- After 30 minutes,we make small balls and we roll them slightly in the flour..
- In a pan put 2 tbsp of olive oil and some herbs like sage rosemary etc and let the pan come to a high temperature..
- After the pan is ready we put the little balls and we stir them. We add bit of salt if needed and slowly we add the lemon juice and the wine. We let them be cooked in a medium fire for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!.
These little eggplant polpette (aka meat free meatballs) are unbelieva-BALL-y good…sorry, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, these are little balls of deliciousness that will quickly have any carnivore forgetting that they are completely meat free. In this lesson, discover the recipe for an ultimate lasagna layered with mini meatballs and fried eggplant. Who doesn't love Italian meatballs in a tangy tomato sauce? Try these – you'll love them.