Loaded breakfast skillet. Drain on paper towels; reserve most of the bacon fat in skillet. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
I'm here today with a big, hearty, loaded breakfast skillet recipe for you. This easy breakfast skillet is loaded with sausage, potatoes, eggs, veggies and cheese. You might call this a country breakfast skillet or a farmers breakfast skillet. You can have Loaded breakfast skillet using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loaded breakfast skillet
- Prepare 3 of russet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed clean, chopped into 3/4".
- You need 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1" pieces.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 c. of water.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 c. of shredded Cheddar.
It's loaded with ingredients that are hearty and filling. When this loaded breakfast skillet saves you from the worst hangover of your life, you know the answer is no—the foursome is a GD lifesaver. Chelsea Lupkin As much as I love hash browns, I'm. This egg skillet is loaded with potatoes that have been browned first, crispy maple bacon, green onion and cheese. (Mmm, love crispy potatoes.) (Mmm, love crispy potatoes.) This would make a perfect breakfast for an active weekend!
Loaded breakfast skillet step by step
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep most of bacon fat in skillet, removing any black pieces from the bacon..
- Turn heat back to medium and add onion to the skillet; sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to soften. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated in bacon fat. Pour in water and cover skillet with a large lid. (This helps speed up the cooking and prevent burning.) Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, checking potatoes occasionally. If they start to brown too quickly, remove the lid and add more water..
- When the potatoes are tender, remove lid and stir in garlic, green onions, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, make four holes in the potatoes to reveal bottom of skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and season each egg with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese and cooked bacon bits over the entire skillet. Replace lid and cook until eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for a just runny egg. Serve warm..
Turn off heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep most of bacon fat in skillet, removing any black pieces from the bacon. Turn the heat back to medium and add onion to the skillet. The first thing to cook in new or restored cast iron pans. Any similar size pan will do.