Sous Vide Cornish Hen.
You can have Sous Vide Cornish Hen using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Cornish Hen
- Prepare 2 of Tyson Cornish Hens (Thawed).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Salt.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Peppercorn Medley.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of Rosemary.
- You need 6 sprigs of Thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Sous Vide Cornish Hen instructions
- Preheat sous vide to 165°F..
- For spice rub: mix salt, ground peppercorn medley, garlic powder and turmeric in small bowl. Set aside..
- Remove each hen from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of each hen with half of the prepared spice mix. Be sure to rub it evenly on all sides..
- Place hens in vacuum seal bag. Place one sprig of Rosemary and three sprigs of thyme on top of each hen..
- Seal bag with sealing clip. Use a hand pump to vacuum seal the bag..
- Place vacuum sealed hens in preheated sous vide water bath. Be sure they are completely submerged underwater. However, the zip lock portion of the bag should be kept out of the water. Clip the top of the bag to the side of container used for the water bath..
- Set sous vide to cook for 3 hours at 165°F..
- Turn off sous vide and remove from water bath. Remove hens from vacuum seal bag and pat dry with paper towels. Place on roasting rack to rest..
- Season again with the remaining spice rub. Drizzle olive oil over the seasoning and rub evenly onto all sides of the hen..
- Broil until skin is golden and crisp..