Larry's stuffed bell peppers. Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer's favorite veggie. Red bell peppers are the mature version of the green bell pepper that grows on the bell pepper plant. Yellow and orange bell peppers fall in between the green and red peppers in maturity.
Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired. These Stuffed Bell Peppers are such a classic. They're made with a mix of ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes, and spices. You can have Larry's stuffed bell peppers using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Larry's stuffed bell peppers
- You need 1 lb of ground beef "browned".
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice "cook rice".
- It’s 2 can (8 oz) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 8 oz of water.
- It’s 5 oz of container Blue cheese crumbles.
- Prepare 6 of bell peppers "hollowed and deseaded" boiled 30 minutes to soften!.
No need to pre-cook the filling — just stuff, bake, and serve! Stuffed bell peppers is a classic American dish that one can't easily find in restaurants (unless it is a cafeteria). These well-seasoned turkey stuffed peppers are so tasty, you won't even miss having real cheddar cheese. Round out the meal with a salad or a side of rice.
Larry's stuffed bell peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl expect the peppers and blue cheese..
- Boil peppers to soften..
- Stuff peppers level full with mixture..
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles cover with pepper tops and bake in oven 1 hour..
Thanks to Judy Hand-Truitt from Birmingham, Alabama for sharing the recipe. Stuffed Bell Peppers or Capsicum as they are known in some parts of the world have become an increasingly popular side dish. If you are yet to discover them, you are missing out! We've shared some great ideas like the Stuffed Cabbage Rolls and we know you'll be keen to try these Stuffed Pepper. Guys, have you tried making instant pot stuffed bell peppers?