Greek halwa recipe # sweet. My Greek Halva recipe is a traditional Greek dessert which also happens to be a dairy I've slightly adapted my Greek Halva recipe which is a dairy free pudding, in this to. First-generation Greek American, Lynn Livanos Athan has published many recipes. Halva is a semolina pudding that is sweetened with syrup and studded with nuts and.
Greek Halva is a delicious pudding recipe prepared with virgin olive oil, semolina or suji, sugar, and water. Greek semolina halva is a traditional no-dairy, and egg-free pudding enhanced with nuts, perfectly spiced, and soaked in syrup. In India, halva recipes use flour, melted butter or ghee, sugar and Halva is a traditional fasting food among Greek Orthodox who traditionally have food restrictions, especially. You can cook Greek halwa recipe # sweet using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek halwa recipe # sweet
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of semolina.
- It’s 18 of walnuts crushed fine.
- You need of Syrup:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need 3 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 5 of cloves.
- It’s Dash of salt (pinch).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
Some special halwa recipes like suji halwa or banana halwa are made to be served as prasad for religious occasion too. There are many variations and style of halwa recipes made in India. Easy Halwa Recipe: Step by Step Halwa Recipe, Tips to make Halwa at home, Halwa Ingredients, Halwa Recipe video & more at Times Food. Greek halva refers to halva with semolina flour (course wheat flour), which is my After making a couple of modifications in the traditional Greek halva recipe, mine is now perfect.
Greek halwa recipe # sweet instructions
- Start with the syrup ; add in all the ingredients together in boiling water & pop in the saucepan and bring to a light simmer & don’t touch it.
- Don’t stirr it don’t even look at it – it’s very self conscience this syrup & will go grany at the mere thought that someone has stuck a spoon in it !.
- While ur syrup is descrectly warming through make ur filling.
- Add the olive oil to saucepan & get hot enough that when u drop a few grains of semolina into it they start to fry on the surface. Pour in all the semolina & stirr it..
- The filling is not self conscience & is infact an extrovert that demands constant attention !! Keep stirring.
- Keep stirring until it starts to turn colour,add crushed walnuts and stirr Till it turns to nice golden colour (make sure not to burn)remove from stove & let it cool for few moments.
- This is a bit to be careful with. Slowly start to pour in all the syrup. Because it is hot like flowing lava from volcano !it will bubble but let it settle for a moment & start stirring..
- Keep stirring for about 25 minutes make sure stirr it is well thicken. Once u have reached to thick texture let it cool a little and pours in nice moulds or u can use a Pastery cutter while it’s in baking tray..
- Garnish it with walnuts or tiny pinch of salt flakes..
- Goes well with a decent Greek coffee or espresso enjoy the Greek halwa @ snack time !!!!!.
Halwa recipes for festivals, celebrations and parties. Halwa is a dessert which is popular not only in Indian cuisine but also in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines. Halva, helva or halvah is originally a dessert in Middle Eastern countries. One of them is Semolina Halva Recipe, which is made with semolina and sugar syrup. Greek Halva is a very popular recipe.