Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs. Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? It just takes some drumsticks, cajun seasoning, and butter. TIPS BBQ BAKED CHICKEN LEGS AND THIGHS.
The barbecue sauce you pick is important! Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are super easy to make, and entirely gluten free. Barbecue – Do a nice rub all over the chicken legs and then coat with BBQ sauce at the end. You can have Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs
- Prepare 8-10 of chicken legs.
- It’s 2 cups of bbq. Sauce; (sweet baby Ray).
- You need 21/2 Tbsp. of Holy Smoke bbq rub seasoning;(can only buy it in Tenn.
- Prepare of (You can use whatever bbq. Rub seasoning you want too.).
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of Each of kosher salt & freshly ground pepper.
Tandoori – Simply make a spice mixture or buy a commercial one and marinate in yogurt and the spices. Now I can go on about all the different ways to bake drumsticks, but I really love the simplicity of the Cajun seasoning. Using a spatula; flip the chicken legs over; being careful not to tear the skin. Coat the other side of the chicken legs with bbq sauce.
Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together Cajun seasoning, BBQ seasoning, salt & freshly ground black pepper..
- Coat chicken legs on all sides with Olive oil..
- Season chicken legs on all side with seasoning mixture..
- Place chicken legs skin side down on a baking sheet pan..
- Bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and turn the tempture up to 425 degrees..
- Coat tops of the chicken legs with bbq sauce using a basting brush..
- Using a spatula; flip the chicken legs over; being careful not to tear the skin..
- Coat the other side of the chicken legs with bbq sauce..
- Place back into the oven and cook for 7 minutes..
- Remove from oven and repeat steps 8 thru 10 again..
- Place back into oven and cook for another 7 minutes or until chicken legs are crispy and parts are blackened; chicken legs are done..
- Reomve from oven and let cool down before serving..
- Serve and enjoy!.
In a large bowl or ziplock bag mix olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and onion powder together. Just a few ingredients are needed for easy BBQ chicken drumsticks baked in the oven: Chicken drumsticks: With the skin on (see why below) BBQ sauce: Adds loads of flavor and a thick, saucy coating. Choose a good quality one with lots of flavor. Honey: Adds a delicious sweetness to the sauce. Get the grill ready to medium-high heat.