Oven baked chicken and rice. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour.
Oven Baked Chicken and Rice is a family friendly and healthy easy one pot meal made in the oven with just a few ingredients in just an hour. Baked Chicken is an easy dinner option for us, we have so many on the site including our super popular Baked Chicken Brown Rice Vegetable Casserole which is just like this dish except with brown rice and added vegetables! Easy Oven Baked Chicken And Rice With Garlic Butter Mushrooms mixed through is winner of a chicken dinner! You can have Oven baked chicken and rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven baked chicken and rice
- You need 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 cups of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of tb.s. butter.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of t.s. paprica.
- It’s 1/2 of t.s. onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 of t.s. dried powder.
- It’s 1 of t.s. dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of t.s. salt.
Chicken thighs bake on top of buttery, garlicky, soft and tender rice with crispy edges. ALL the chicken flavours bake right in! However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Baked chicken and rice is one of the ultimate comfort foods, and this recipe is a one-pot wonder.
Oven baked chicken and rice instructions
- Preheat oven to 190C. Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, then place butter in the centre. Bake for 12-15 minutes after butter melts. Meanwhile, mix together paprica, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix..
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken. Cover with foil, then bake for 40 minutes at 210 C. Remove foil then bake for a further 20 minutes. Let it cool down a little. Then remove chicken and fluff up rice..
- Video where I cook this: https://youtu.be/2-uuni1_NGI?sub_confirmation=1.
With bone-in chicken thighs and long-grain rice mixed with onions, garlic, and spices, this is a flavorful meal that's big enough for the whole family and fast enough for a weeknight. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined. That's right, my friends…the best chicken and rice recipe doesn't even require cooking the rice or baking the chicken before it goes in the oven! HOW TO MAKE AHEAD CHICKEN AND RICE Garlic Butter Chicken and Rice makes a wonderful freezer or make-ahead meal. The Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole is made completely from scratch in this easy one pan recipe that's sure to please the whole family!