Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice). This is a flavourful breakfast recipe/ can be had as any meal of the day. Made with thick poha, peanuts and potatoes. Recipe for aloo poha or batata poha as its called.
Aloo poha is much more tasty than simple Poha/aval. Hence, this Aloo poha, batata poha, or Potato Poha is a very simple and satisfying breakfast dish which is a This potato Pawa / poha is cooked using beaten rice aka poha and is altogether trouble-free to make. This way the excess water would drain out perfectly, and poha would puff up nicely. You can have Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- You need 2.5 cups of thick Puffed Rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2-3 of Potato.
- It’s 3 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- It’s 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- You need 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- You need 0.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Leaves of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of cashews.
- You need 10-15 of Peanuts.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Hing.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of For topping:.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need of Sev (optional).
- You need 0.25 tsp of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- Prepare Pinch of chat masala powder(optional).
- It’s of Yogurt (side).
Poha Ladoos Poha Ladoos Sweet Poha Kozhukattai Sweet Poha. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Now add in potatoes and chilli powder, Mix well. Cover and simmer till potatoes are cooked.
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) step by step
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).
Poha is flattened rice and prepared in most parts of India. In Maharastra, it's served for breakfast with cubes of potato and spices. I grew up in boarding school and Poha was something we were served at least once a week. This version though is way better that my boarding school version – enjoy! Aloo Poha or Kanda Batata Poha is a delicious, simple and mildly spicy breakfast made from Poha (flattened rice flakes) along with Onion (Kanda) and Potato (Batata).