Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken. Garlic Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken And Potatoes, all made in the ONE PAN for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love! Garlic Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken And Potatoes is an easy and healthy recipe for the perfect dinner! If you use Morton's or another kind, watch as they are more salty.) Tip: Be sure to lift the skin and apply salt underneath for best flavor.
With chicken, potatoes, onion and cherry tomatoes, you'll love how everything sucks up the tasty lemon garlic sauce in this sheet pan dinner! In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. You can cook Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken
- It’s 6-8 of chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on).
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside; In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides and place in a bowl or lidded container. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl and pour marinade over chicken breasts.
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken step by step
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.).
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag..
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through..
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking..
- Serving suggestion – with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas..
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken instructions. Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.). Place chicken in a large zip bag. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.