Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss). Lemper ayam is basically a steamed glutinous rice/sticky rice snack with chicken floss (or other savory) filling, and typically wrapped in banana leaves. As such, there are two components in any lemper making endeavor: sticky rice/glutinous rice (Indonesian: beras ketan). Lemper Ayam is definitely one of my favorite snacks and it's a popular jajanan pasar in Indonesia.
Terima kasih untuk menonton, silahkan like jika suka. Chicken seasoned with turmeric, garlic, shallots and other spices, and grilled on charcoal. Put the lemper on broil for a few minutes until the banana leaves are toasted. You can have Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss)
- It’s of For the glutinous rice:.
- It’s of banana leaves for wrapping.
- It’s 250 gr of glutinous rice, washed, soaked in water for 3 hours, drained.
- You need 250 ml of coconut milk 2 Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of pandan leaf.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Chicken Floss Filling:.
- It’s 250 gr of boneless chicken breast, boiled until cooked, finely shredded.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Ground spices:.
- It’s 5 cloves of shallots.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of nut megs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
If the rice is too mushy/overcooked, don't be afraid and just make your lemper! Set an oven on low heat and put the lemper until they dry out. Sort of sticky rice dumpling stuffed with stuffed shredded spiced chicken. How to cook lemper, Indonesian snack consists of steamed sticky rice with spiced chicken floss filling, with an easy method to assemble lemper.
Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) step by step
- For the glutinous rice: Heat the steamer over high heat until hot and boiling..
- Steam glutinous rice for 15 minutes. In another pot, bring the coconut milk to boil. Remove from the heat. Remove the glutinous rice from the steamer..
- Add the glutinous rice into the hot coconut oil. Mix well. Continue to stir until the coconut milk is absorbed by the rice..
- Steam for another 30 minutes until the rice is soft and cooked through. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to cook the chicken floss: Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sauté ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, and bay leaves until fragrant. Add shreded chicken. Add salt dan sugar. Test the taste..
- Continue to sauté until the coconut milk is absorbed. Keep storing until the chicken is dry. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to assemble the lemper: Divide the glutinous rice into 2 parts. Note: Wear plastic gloves before you do this part!.
- Press half of the cooked warm glutinous rice into a 20×20 cm baking pan using the tip of a spoon (or you can use your fingers. Please make sure you wear plastic gloves so the rice won’t stick to your fingers). Really pack it down hard!.
- Spread the filling evenly leaving no gap all over the rice..
- Spread the other half of the rice on top of the filling. Pack it down hard again!.
- Let the ‘lemper’ cool down completely before cutting. Use a plastic knife or a knife coated with plastic to cut the lemper..
- Wrap each piece with banana leaves..
- Grilled them on top of lined frying pan until fragrant and the banana leaves turn to brown. Yum! 😋.
Rice Rolls with chicken Filling ( Lemper ) Indonesian recipes Be careful not to burn it. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed with rice, cucumbers, a drizzle of kecap manis and sambal. Lemper ayam is one of the many Indonesian traditional snacks, and I happen to love them to death. Lemper is steamed glutinous rice filled with spiced chicken floss (or other spiced meat floss, but chicken seems to be most popular), then shaped into an oblong, and wrapped in banana leaves.