Ginger Pork (shogayaki). Today I want share Shogayaki (Ginger Pork) recipe, which is one of the most common pork dishes we make at home. Shoga (生姜) means ginger and yaki means grill or fry in Japanese. Pork shogayaki (生姜焼き, ginger pork) is a thinly sliced sautéed pork full of ginger flavour, which makes the sauce so tasty.
Shōga (生姜) means ginger, and yaki (焼き) means grill or fry. It can also be made with beef, but the pork version is so much more popular that the term "shogayaki" generally refers only to pork in Japan. Buta no Shogayaki (豚の生姜焼き), literally means Pork Grilled with Ginger in Japanese, and is made by marinating thin slices of pork in a simple gingery sauce before being pan-fried until golden brown. You can have Ginger Pork (shogayaki) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Pork (shogayaki)
- Prepare Slices of pork 200grams.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Mirin.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need of Ginger 1 teaspoon grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Wheat flour.
- Prepare of Salt (small amount).
- Prepare of Mayo small amount(optional).
- You need of Cabbage 1/6 of the whole.
- Prepare of Green onions small amount(garnish, optional).
Shogayaki is Japanese ginger pork which pork meat fried and cooked in soy sauce, mirin, and ginger juice. I am going to share Japanese peoples' favourite dish. I went out for a lunch a little while ago. We are making Japanese salarymen's one of the most popular dishes, Pork Shogayaki also known as ginger pork!
Ginger Pork (shogayaki) step by step
- Slice cabbage and green onions while the cutting board is clean. These are garnishes..
- On a plate or cutting board, salt sliced pork lightly and coat it with flour..
- Grate some ginger..
- In a frying pan, cook the pork in medium heat..
- When the pork is 80% cooked, add sugar, mirin and soy sauce and caramelize it. Add ginger too..
- On a plate of sliced cabbages, set along the pork. Done!!.
In a bowl mix ginger, soy sauce, Sake, and Mirin. Ginger pork is a favorite stable for the Japanese salary man. This shogayaki recipe is easy to make for yourself at home with a few simple ingredients. Shogayaki ginger pork is the quintessential ginger based Japanese dish, made by cooking thinly sliced pork, grated or finely sliced fresh ginger and chopped onions together in a sweet soy based. Shoga means "ginger" in Japanese, and yaki translates as "grilled," though the term is sometimes applied to foods that are fried or griddled.