My Southern Collard Greens.
You can cook My Southern Collard Greens using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Southern Collard Greens
- You need 1 lb of Fresh or canned collard greens.
- It’s 4 slices of bacon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion (chopped).
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1-2 cups of chicken broth or 2 tbsp chicken soup base.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
My Southern Collard Greens step by step
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until it begins to crisp up. Once it does, remove it from the skillet and chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Add olive oil and onion, fry it for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Afterwards add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds before adding in the collard greens..
- After you stir the greens together with the onions and garlic, add in the chicken broth or soup base, brown sugar, salt, pepper and stir well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes until the collard greens are tender..