You can cook Homemade Moussaka using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Moussaka
- Prepare 500 gr of beef mice or lamb mince.
- You need 150 gr of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of all spice.
- You need 1 of brown onion.
- It’s 6-7 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 50 gr of butter.
- You need 50 gr of plain flour.
- It’s 400 ml of milk.
- You need of Bay leave.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
Homemade Moussaka step by step
- Heat the olive oil and add onion until it’s soft and then add garlic, mushroom cook about 3 mins. After that add mice and cook until it’s brown. Add tomatoes can, cinnamon, all spices and seasoning with salt and pepper..
- Cut potatoes into thin slice and boil about 5mins.
- Make the bechamel. Melt the butter in a medium heat and add flour and whisk it. Slowly add milk into it. Whisking all the time. Seasoning with salt and pepper and add bay leaves and nutmeg until it’s thicker.
- Layer some slice potatoes in a pan 25*16 and add some of the mixed beef. Drizzle the bechamel. Repeat it again until finish and top with the bechamel..
- Preheat the oven 200 degree and cook about 40-50 mins until the bechamel is golden..