Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan.
You can have Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan
- Prepare of Pastry dough:.
- You need 1/2 kg of plain flour.
- You need 250 gr of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 of boiled egg (optional).
- It’s of Cooking oil to fry.
- It’s of Filling:.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- You need 4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- It’s of Spices:.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of candle nut.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
Fried Vegetable Pastry (Pastel) *Vegetarian/Vegan instructions
- Dice carrots and potatoes, chop spring onions, grind the spiced with blender or food processor, put them aside..
- Mix plain flour, salt, and margarine, gradually pour water until the dough doesnt stick..
- Pre-heat sauce pan, pour cooking oil. Add ground spices, stir for 5 mins.
- Add diced carrots and potatoes, stir them until they are cooked well, add spring onion, salt, sugar, and pepper, cook for 3 mins. Put aside..
- Cut boiled eggs to 12 pieces. (You can skip this for vegan diet).
- Roll the dough with rolling pin (around 1/2 cm or thinner) make round shape with a medium size cup, fill them up with the vegetables, fold the dough to the other side, twist and pinch to lock the dough..
- Pre-heat a frying pan with cooking oil, fry them until both side turn golden..
- Enjoy :).