Stewed Beef. Stir up a succulent beef stew on a chilly evening. These meltingly tender beef casseroles and Asian-style spiced one-pots are perfect for casual entertaining. There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent.
Nanny cooked it and Mama cooked it but I never ran into anyone else that knew what it was. When I'd refer to Stewed Beef people would look at me funny and. Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes. You can have Stewed Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stewed Beef
- It’s 1-2 pounds of stewing beef.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of med green pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- It’s 4 cup of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Optional (to make thicker).
- You need 4-6 of red skin potatoes, cut.
- Prepare 1/4 c of cold water.
- It’s 3 tbs of corn starch.
Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and videos on making the perfect stew. Stewed Beef Potatoes – This delicious and hearty Stewed Beef Potato is refreshing yet hearty comfort food with chunks of beef that are nicely seasoned with salt, black pepper, and paprika. This hearty ground beef stew is a simple combination of lean ground beef, potatoes, and carrots. Beef stock gives the stew its essential beefy flavor, while a basic flour and water slurry thickens the liquids.
Stewed Beef step by step
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..
Stewed Beef with Rice. "When you come in cold and shivery from outside, count on this wonderful stew to warm you through," says Donna Cline in Pensacola, Florida. "The tangy flavor is a nice change. Carbonnade Belgian beef stew recipe, with beef, onions, and Belgian ale, and seasoned with bay and thyme. This tender beef stew, packed with carrots, potatoes, and peas, is made in the Instant Pot in less than an hour. Don't forget the crusty bread for serving. Melt in your mouth beef stew recipe that is loaded with vegetables and herbs.