Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. This one pan Skillet Chicken Pot Pie from Delish.com makes your favorite comfort food even easier. Nothing warms you up on a cold day quite like chicken pot pie. This shortcut version comes together surprisingly fast, despite tasting like something it would've taken your grandma all day to make.
If you've never worked with frozen puff pastry before, know this: Letting it thaw overnight in the fridge overnight is. Traditional chicken pot pie, with a homemade crust and a slow-simmered filling, is undoubtably wonderful, but it requires the better half of an Add the chicken to the skillet and stir to combine. Unfold the pie crust and place over the top of the filling, tucking the excess edges inside the pan. You can have Skillet Chicken Pot Pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 1 lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery diced.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- It’s 8 of Pillsbury grands biscuits.
Stir until fully mixed and bubbling. Chicken pot pies are one of my favorite comfort food dishes because I grew up eating them. Back then they came out of the freezer section and were served only when my mom didn't feel like cooking, which was maybe once a month. This skillet chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food perfect for cold winter nights with a golden pastry crust and loaded with creamy chicken and veggies.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- In cast iron skillet heat oil and melt butter medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and thyme and cook until veggies are soft..
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend in flour and cook another minute..
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream stirring constantly until thickened..
- Stir in chicken, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add peas and parsley and mix well. Top with biscuits and cook in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes..
No rolling pin is needed for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. Using store-bought puff pastry instead of homemade pie crust for a chicken potpie might seem like cheating, but rest assured it's for the best, adding shatteringly flaky layers that even the best pie crust lacks. This easy skillet pot pie is a delicious one pan dinner for your family. It's hearty and satisfying and you can use chicken or leftover Thanksgiving turkey! And now let's add suuuuper comforting and hearty skillet pot pie to the line-up.