Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries. Add flour to a pie plate and whisk in some salt and pepper. Beat the eggs together in another pie plate. In a third pie plate, whisk together the panko, Parmesan, smoked paprika, and another big pinch of salt and pepper.
Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. You can cook Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries
- You need 3 of zucchinni.
- It’s 2 of eggs, well beaten.
- Prepare of Flour for dredging.
- Prepare of Italian Bread Crumbs enough for what you have sliced.
- It’s of Olive oil or non stick spray.
- It’s 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Dip zucchini slices in flour, then in egg and then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Add the zucchini to a parchment lined sheet tray, leaving ample room between each fry so it has room to crisp up form the heat of the oven. Give the zucchini a light spritz with some non-stick spray and sprinkle again with some salt. Now it's time for the long-awaited baked zucchini fries.
Oven Crisp Zucchini Fries step by step
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Set aside..
- Slice zucchini into rounds or strips like fries. I cut mine into about 3 inch long fries..
- Dredge zucchini in flour..
- Dip pieces into beaten eggs, coating evenly..
- Roll zucchini thats been dredged and dipped in egg into bread crumb and cheese mixture..
- Coat evenly..
- Drizzle with oil or spray with non stick butter flavor spray..
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender..
- Serve as side dish or snack with favorite dipping sauce..
They are crispy, crunchy, addictive and surprisingly easy to make! To begin, simple slice your zucchini into circles or long strips. Either way works fine but we prefer the strips! Next, dip the zucchini into eggs then into breadcrumbs. Oven baked zucchini fries are sticks of zucchini that are breaded and baked (or fried!).