Kimchi, my simple version.
You can cook Kimchi, my simple version using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kimchi, my simple version
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of gochujang paste.
- Prepare 2 medium of jars 12 ounce each.
- You need 2 medium of paper towels or handkerchief.
- It’s 4 large of rubber bands.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of clean marbles.
- You need 5 cup of cabbage coarsely chopped.
Kimchi, my simple version step by step
- Mix the cabbage, gochujang paste, and salt. Work it all in well.
- Pack the mixture into the jars. Take a big piece of cabbage lay across the top of the mixture. Put marbles on top of the big piece of cabbage. To hold down the kimchi below the brine.
- The brine will be made naturally through the fermentation. If not enough make a salt brine of 1 cup water with 1 and a half teaspoons of kosher salt just add till kimchi is totally covered..
- Let sit after 5-7 days to taste if its your desired ripeness put into refrigerator, for a week or longer hope you enjoy. Will keep 3 months or longer in the refrigerator..