Bean Curd and Chicken soup with carrots. (Optional) Soaked bean curd sticks in hot water until soft to remove excess oil, cut into small bite size pieces. You can safely skip this part and just add dried bean curd sticks along with everything else in the next step. In a soup pot, add soaked bean curd sticks, chicken, carrot, tomato, cuttlefish, salt.
Which type of dish are you looking for? This spicy soup is one of my husband's favorites. It's quick to make but tastes like it simmered all day. You can cook Bean Curd and Chicken soup with carrots using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bean Curd and Chicken soup with carrots
- You need 3 of dried bean curd (tofu skin) sheets.
- You need 2 pcs of carrots, peeled and sliced to bite size pieces.
- It’s 2 of ginger, peeled.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 150 gram of chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 3 of green onions, thinly sliced for garnish (green part only).
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Light Soy sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 3/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of olive oil / vegetable oil.
What a great way to use up the last tortilla chips in the bag! —Linda Lashley, Redgranite, Wisconsin. Bean Curd Oyster Soup is a sumptuous and delicious soup that is simply a joy to prepare and serve. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add chicken and bean curd; mix thoroughly.
Bean Curd and Chicken soup with carrots step by step
- Soak dried bean curd sheets in separate bowl with cold water to submerge them by one inch. Once rehydrated, tear the bean curd to 2 inch sections.
- Combined the chicken, half garlic and ginger in a bowl, seasoned with salt, pepper, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Marinated for 15 minutes..
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat and sautéed the garlic until fragrant. Place the marinated chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add the carrots..
- Pour the water and let it boil for 10 minutes. Meanwhile drain the bean curd..
- Add the bean curd and seasoned with soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and sugar to taste. Bring to another boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer to 20 minutes, or until all the ingredients are tender and fully cooked..
- Turn off heat, garnish with onions and serve immediately..
Dip cabbage leaves in boiling water to make limp. Wash and peel carrot; slice thinly on bias. Steaming: Place limp leaves in shallow bowl. Arrange carrots on leaves in decorative pattern. Pack chicken/bean curd mixture tightly in bowl to fill it.