You can cook Chickpea Pulao using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Pulao
- It’s 2 cups of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2 cup of chickpeas boil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt, or to taste.
- It’s 6 of whole cloves.
- You need 2 of whole black cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 of medium stick cinnamon.
- It’s as needed of oil,.
- You need as needed of water,.
Chickpea Pulao step by step
- In a deep pot, heat the oil and add the sliced onions and cumin seeds. Fry till the onions become golden – about 10 minutes. I managed to burn some of my onions – don't do this!.
- Add a big splash of water and all the spices. Continue to cook this until the onions soften and the water reduced to about half.
- Add the rice, chickpeas and 3 cups of water.
- Cook the rice and chickpeas on high heat, stirring once or twice (but not breaking any rice!) until most of the water has dried out..
- Once the water has dried out, secure a tight fitting lid onto the pot and turn the heat down to the lowest setting, to steam for 10-15 minutes. You can wrap the lid in a clean tablecloth so it absorbs more steam, leading to slightly fluffier and less mushier rice..
- Allow the rice to rest for 10-15 minutes after steaming, then fluff up before serving warm!.