Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cabbage. Quarter the cabbage and remove thick stem, then cut each quarter piece in half. On two large baking sheets, toss cabbage lightly with Parmesan and oil then season with salt. I could have simply draped the bacon over the top and called it a day, but I wanted to make a cabbage statement.
Bison is a wonderfully lean meat with deep flavor that is perfect for using in recipes like this. Following is my recipe for awesome stuffed cabbage rolls, wrapped with Bacon!! You can substitute ground beef or venison as well. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cabbage using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cabbage
- You need 1 Head of Cabbage, Parboiled leaves (18).
- Prepare 1.2 lbs of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1-1.5 Cup of Brooth Cooked Rice, Cooled.
- Prepare 1/2 of Choped onion.
- It’s 1 of Egg, Beaten.
- You need 9 pcs of Bacon (18 if thin).
- You need 1 of ts.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1-2 cans of Condensed Tomatoe Soup.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fried onion, Option for toppings.
Check cabbage every few minutes, turning frequently to prevent burning. Due to variances in grill size and type, the cooking time will vary greatly. Ok so I didn't have a grill which I think would have made it even more awesome. Place the ring on the bottom rack of the grill and stand the stuffed cabbage upright inside the ring.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cabbage step by step
- Mix Ground beef, rice, onion,salt and pepper, egg and 1/3 can Tomatoes Soup.
- Wrapped mixture in Cabbage leaves twice, Wrap bacon, set 9 in heavy dish.
- Pour Tomatoes soup on top and top with fried onions, wrapped foil tightly, bake on 350 for 1 hr..
- Remove foil, low broil for about 5 to 10 min.
- Mix tomatoe soup with juice in pan, also add Marinara sauce on side!.
Baste the outside of the cabbage with some of the remaining BBQ sauce. Place little bits of butter in each of the slits. Then arrange the bacon over the cabbage. Start to wrap the foil around the cabbage forming a bowl and holding the bacon on. Pour the beer over the cabbage.