Morning Glory Carrot Muffins. I love the cafe bought Morning Glory muffins, and it was nice to finally be able to duplicate them at home! Using the review advice, I substituted half a cup of applesauce for the oil, which worked great. A word of warning though if opting not to use the oil; do not sure paper muffin pan liners, as they will stick to the muffins.
In large bowl, stir cake mix and flour. These wholesome morning glory muffins are my very favorite muffin variety. Filled with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, flax, apples, carrots, raisins, applesauce, and honey, these cinnamon-spiced muffins taste like apple cake, spice cake, and moist carrot cake combined. (And for breakfast!) DIRECTIONS. You can have Morning Glory Carrot Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Morning Glory Carrot Muffins
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (peeled).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of shredded apples (peeled).
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
Stir flour together with baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Morning glory muffins are made with a little bit of everything: whole wheat flour, carrots, apples, raisins, walnuts, orange juice, coconut and wheat germ. These carrot-flecked, whole-grain morning glory muffins can be made ahead for breakfast or a snack so you can hit the ground running on a busy morning. Add a nonfat latte and your day will be off to a healthy start.
Morning Glory Carrot Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin pan (I used coconut oil but use whatever you have) makes about 16 muffins.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl combine honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Fold in apples and carrots. I shredded apples and carrots with a cheese grater..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients making sure not to over mix. Fold in walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter among muffin tins filling each almost to the top. Bake in for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean..
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- We frosted with cream cheese frosting, but totally isn’t necessary..
Or make this coconut-carrot morning glory muffin recipe for a special brunch. Look for coconut oil, in jars or tubs, near other cooking oils in large supermarkets, in the natural. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Morning glory muffins are sort of a cross between carrot cake, zucchini bread, and a cinnamon applesauce muffin and oh heavens, they taste divine. My girls especially love when I make morning glory muffins in the mini-muffin pans because then they are just the right size for little fingers.