Chickpea grilled cheese. April is National Grilled Cheese month which is my excuse to eat all the grilled cheese variations I can think You can just leave it at that or add some more substance with my favorite beet and chickpea. A grilled cheese sandwich is classic comfort that makes a delicious lunch or simple dinner. But if you wish that your grilled cheese had was a little more filling or satisfying, it may be time to add a secret ingredient: chickpeas.
If you would like to support. A toasted sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese toastie, or grilled cheese is a hot sandwich made with one or more varieties of cheese (a cheese sandwich) on bread. We eat tacos for dinner almost every week. You can have Chickpea grilled cheese using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea grilled cheese
- It’s 1/2 can of chickpeas drained.
- You need of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Shredded marble cheese.
- Prepare slices of Garlic bread.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
Prepare a grill for medium heat; oil grill grate. Serve with chicken, drizzled with more oil. You can use any type for pre-cooked shredded chicken you may have on hand or you can use my quick and. Crispy Grilled CheeseJust a simple addition to a regular ol' grilled cheese gives it a nice crispy surface.
Chickpea grilled cheese instructions
- Drain chickpeas and mash with potato masher.
- Chop green onions and add to chickpeas with salt and pepper & dash of lemon juice.
- Place garlic bread (pre buttered) in pan….spoon mix onto 1 piece of bread then top with shredded marble cheese.
- Cook on med to low heat depending on thickness of bread then serve when golden brown.
The grilled cheese sandwich is one of the most popular and easiest sandwiches of all time—kids love them, undergrads live off of them, and foodies obsess over gourmet versions of them. The Best Mashed Chickpeas Recipes on Yummly Big Batch Chana Masala, Cauliflower Chickpea Nachos, Skillet Harissa Chicken. Grilled cheese with onions, tomatoes and jalapenos– tastier than the original! One of the best grilled cheese sandwhiches I have ever had.