Thai fish stir fry. Thai Stir-fried Glass Noodles (Pad Woonsen). Healthy dish of Thai stir fried fish and noodles, using cod or another firm white fish. I can officially confirm that it's possible to stir fry fish.
Transfer to a bowl, and add Shaoxing wine, salt, white pepper. This gingery chicken stir-fry is home cooking at its best: quick and simple to prepare, with a punch of flavor that manages to be both exciting and deeply comforting. This was one of the first Thai recipes I ever mastered and it became pretty much an instant favorite. You can have Thai fish stir fry using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai fish stir fry
- Prepare 300 g (10 oz.) of firm white fish (cod, haddock, hake, red bream) skinned and pin boned.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need of For the marinade:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, pressed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped finely.
- You need 1 of green Thai chili, finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp. of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- It’s of For the stir fry and noodles:.
- It’s 100 g (3 oz.) of medium egg or flat rice noodles.
- Prepare of chili oil.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 100 g (3 oz.) of cup mushrooms.
- You need 1 handful of sugar snap peas or mangetout.
- You need 50 g (1 1/2 oz.) of beansprouts.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot, shredded.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions.
- Prepare of quartered lime, to serve.
Like most stir-fries, the ingredient list is. This Thai stir-fried vegetable recipe combines garlic, galangal, and lime with Asian vegetables to make a side dish or main dish when protein is added. Thai Stir-Fried Vegetables With Garlic, Ginger, and Lime. The Thai stir fry sauce I use in this Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry is like the Thai equivalent of Charlie, my All Purpose Chinese Stir Fry Sauce.
Thai fish stir fry instructions
- Rinse and pat dry the fish; cut it into 5cm chunks. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the fish and chill for at least 30 minutes..
- Core and chop the pepper into strips or dice; slice the mushrooms, slice the beans lengthwise. Trim the spring onions and chop them into 1-2cm pieces..
- Soak the noodles: bring a pan of water to the boil, drop the noodles and soak them for 5 minutes..
- In the meantime heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the fish with the marinade and spread it over the bottom of the wok in a single layer. Cook for a minute, then turn the fish pieces over using chopsticks or tongs..
- When the fish has barely turned opaque, remove it back to the bowl and keep aside..
- Add all the vegetables except spring onions to the wok and turn the heat up a little. Stir around to dislodge the marinade that might have stuck to the bottom, add ½ cup of water and cover with a lid or a tray. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring now and again..
- At this point drain the noodles, stir a little chili oil into them and keep warm..
- When the vegetables look cooked, return the fish with its sauce into the wok, add the spring onions and stir gently. Cover the wok with a lid and let the fish steam for a minute or two..
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls or plates and pile the fish stir fry on top. Serve with lime quarters..
A Thai inspired stir fry dish with a wonderful savory, sweet and spicy flavor combination made with colorful bell peppers, fresh pineapple and chicken. Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Fish is the Dish provides information and recipes for different species of seafood; and the health benefits of seafood.