Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars. Incredible sweet and salty brown butter butterscotch oatmeal cookies with nutty, caramel flavors in every bite thanks to the brown butter! You're in for a SERIOUS treat as these salted brown butter butterscotch oatmeal cookies are inspired by one of my favorite cookies in Chicago. Easy salted butterscotch blondies hit the spot when you need a simple yet satsifying dessert!
Drizzle over the top of the cooling bars. These chewy Browned Butter Butterscotch Bars get a delicious kick from browned butter, for a wonderfully rich and sweet one-bowl cookie bar! They're so easy, with endless possibilities. You can cook Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars
- You need 250 g of APF.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 230 g of unsalted butter, browned.
- You need 280 g of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of whole egg plus 1 yolk.
- You need 1/2 cup of butterscotch morsels, mine melted in the sun.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Salt, for sprinkling on top.
- You need 95 g of Walnuts, chopped (optional).
They're portable, delicious, and can either go chocolate-y and rich, fruity and. I used browned butter in these bars and although you could make them by simply melting butter, I recommended going browned and dark. Add one egg, vanilla, flour, salt, butterscotch chips, and bake the bars for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it!
Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars step by step
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, thrn combine..
- Fold in butterscotch chips and walnuts if using..
- Evenly spread in prepared 8×8 inch pan. Sprinkle salt..
- Bake in preheated 170 degree Celsius oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean..
- Let cool around 10 minutes before cutting. It tastes super delicious but a bit too buttery when still warm..
There are two cups of brown sugar in this butterscotch bars recipe. These oatmeal butterscotch bars are amazingly tasty with the magic of butterscotch combined with browned butter flavor and light oatmeal texture. These bars were devoured faster than you can say "buttery butterscotch bars" five times fast. They are so light and chewy and yummy that I seriously. These Salted Butterscotch Bars are a fun and delicious way to change up your normal brownies.