Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice. Bold flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine combined in this classic chicken and rice casserole make for an easy choice for weeknight dinner! I would make this Tex-Mex chicken and rice casserole often because it fed a decent amount, it was flavorful, and the ingredients were fairly budget-friendly for college students. Filled with cream cheese and shredded chicken thighs, they warrant the occasional indulgence.
Add rice toward the end of cooking to keep the texture just right, and when it's good and hot, serve with crunchy tortilla chips and a helping of Stir in rice, chiles, frozen corn and the browned chicken; return to boiling. Chicken and rice in a zippy sauce. Chicken and rice in a zippy sauce. You can cook Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice
- It’s 3 of leg quaters.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1 jar of salsa.
- Prepare 1 of small container sour cream.
- It’s 1 of small container cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 box of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
A complete meal ready in no time. We love this with guacamole, sour cream and fresh tortillas! You can take fried rice, mix in some spices, add chicken, and call it Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice—but that doesn't make it so. That means fried chicken with a crunchy coating and moist meat, a low-fat recipe makeover for macaroni and cheese that's as creamy and cheesy as the full-fat version, and.
Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice step by step
- Cook your chicken (you can boil it and get the broth that way or bake it in the oven).
- Shred the chicken up and cook your rice in the broth with salt and pepper.
- Once rice is cooked and chicken is shredded combine in pot and add the salsa, sour cream and cream cheese heat and mix till it looks creamy. Then eat and enjoy.
Poultry and freezer basics inspired this deliciously healthy combo. I have a hard time getting my family to eat healthy, but they have no problem cleaning their plates when I serve this dish! Rice, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, taco seasoning mix, chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, onions, green chili peppers. Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice Bake. to favorites. Combine boneless chicken, rice and salsa for a meal everyone in the family will eat.