Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast. Flavorful, succulent, oven-roasted Santa Maria-style tri tip roast is a southern California barbeque favorite. Flavorful, succulent, oven-roasted Santa Maria-style tri tip roast is a southern California barbeque favorite.. beef tri-tip roast . this was the clear winner. I grilled the tri tip on the bbq using indirect heat.
A smoky, sweet and spicy rub adds instant flavor to this tender cut of beef. Santa Maria style tri-tip takes a tender, and mild cut of beef then coats the roast with a blast of spices on the surface for maximum flavor. Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip Beef Sirloin Roast. You can cook Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast
- Prepare 2-2.5 of Lbs. Tri-tip beef roast.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of Black pepper, ground.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- You need 1.5 tsp. of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Rosemary, dried/crushed.
- You need .25 tsp. of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s .33 C. of Red Wine Vinegar.
- It’s .33 C. of Vegetable/cannola oil.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed/minced.
- It’s .5 tsp. of Dijon Mustard.
A mainstay of California cooking, our tri-tip recipe stays true to the Santa Maria Valley tradition. Fire up the grill, put on our USDA Beef Sirloin Tri-Tip, add a pot of beans and some crusty bread for the full experience.. To oven-roast a tri-tip, prepare meat with rub and refrigerate as instructed. On stovetop, heat on high until pan is very hot, then add tri-tip, fat side down.
Santa Maria-style Tri-Tip Beef Roast instructions
- Utensils needed: Air-tight container for marinating beef, one cup sealable container for vinegar mixture, spoon, 1 cup liquid measuring cup, measuring spoons, large serving platter, grill/broiler pan, optional mortar & pestle/garlic press..
- In air-tight container, mix dry ingredients (Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Paprika, Onion powder, Rosemary, and Cayenne pepper) to make spice mixture..
- Place tri-tip on serving platter and completely coat all sides with spice mixture. Return to air-tight container and refrigerate for 4 hours..
- Mix Vinegar, Oil, crushed/minced Garlic, and Mustard in a covered container. Blend/shake well. Set aside for later. Shake well before using..
- After 4 hours, remove tri-tip from refrigerator and let sit uncovered/loosely covered for 30 minutes..
- Preheat grill/broiler to high heat. Lightly oil grate/broiler pan..
- Preheat grate/broiler pan. Place tri-tip on preheated surface, shake vinegar/oil mixture, then brush/bastetri tri-tip. Baste and cook for 4 minutes before turning. Repeat until desired temperature is reached. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. If cutting, cut across the grain of meat..
Grilled Santa Maria Tri-Tip; Traeger Kitchen. These California beef cuts are given a rubdown with a savory spice blend, grilled over aromatic hickory wood and mopped with a tangy dijon and vinegar garlic sauce for a wood. Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast is a quick dinner option, easily grilled or oven-baked in no time at all! Full flavors in each tender bite. Serve as it is with sides, or make it up into tacos!