Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken. While the oven is preheating, place a dark, rimmed roasting or baking pan in the oven to heat up (more info in the post). On waxed paper or plate, mix flour, poultry seasoning, paprika and salt. Dip chicken in buttermilk to coat completely.
Buttermilk adds a sweet flavor to this oven-fried chicken but more importantly, its acids and enzymes break down the fibers of the chicken which makes it more tender and flavorful. As with many recipes for chicken, this one is marinated in buttermilk which helps to tenderize the meat fibers due to its mild acidity. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, dredge each piece in the crumb mixture, and put the pieces onto the prepared baking sheet. You can cook Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- You need 200 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 4 of crushed honey and oats granola bars.
- It’s 500 ml of Buttermilk.
- You need 100 ml of melted butter (about 6.5 table spoons).
- You need 20 pieces of chicken (which ever you may prefer).
Spray the tops of the chicken with oil. This fried chicken receipe is absoultly fantastic,if you take your time get all your ingredients together in two groups,it is easy to make. It smells so good while it is cooking,and the taste is truly unbelievable. I will make this receipe over and over.
Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken step by step
- Coat the chicken in the spices you prefer (paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, chilli powerder, onion powder, garlic powder etc) and then cover with the buttermilk.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours in the spice and buttermilk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, crushed gronola bars and spices together. Remember this is the coating off the chicken so make sure it has alot of flavour..
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed together and the chicken has marinated in the marinated. Remove the pieces of chicken from the marinade and coat them in the dry seasoning..
- Once all you chicken has been marinated and then coated with the seasoning, place the pieces on a baking try and brush the top of the chicken peices with the melted butter for golden crispy chicken..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45min at 210 Celsius which is 410 Fahrenheit. (Don't forget to preheat the oven).
Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. With a rolling pin or a meat mallet, pound the chicken. Buttermilk Oven "Fried" Chicken – this baked fried chicken is a lighter version of fried chicken that tastes just like the real deal! Oven fried chicken gets the same crispy texture from "frying" in the oven!