Oven roasted radicchio. First of all, you have to LIKE radicchio in all its bitterness. Roasted in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper somewhat tames the beast but it's still bitter. Balsamic vinegar added near the end of the roasting time topped by Parmesan that is well melted is the perfect foil for this vegetable.
Lettuce, radicchio, and endive are stuffed with olives, capers, and herbs and roasted until wilted in this elegant warm salad. Lay the radicchio wedges on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Radicchio–that bitter, crunchy, scarlet and white vegetable Italians adore, becomes entirely different when roasted. You can cook Oven roasted radicchio using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven roasted radicchio
- It’s 1 head of radicchio, cut into quarters (stem in).
- It’s of cooking spray.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of olive oil, for drizzling on.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of balsamic glaze.
- You need of Parmesan cheese, shaved.
Its color deepens and the flavor turns mellow and nutty, with just a hint of bitterness remaining. Serve it alongside roast pork, chicken, or beef. Or, to turn it into a main course, chop and toss with hot cooked pasta. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray.
Oven roasted radicchio step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut the radicchio into wedges with the stem in. Put wedges in a medium bowl. Spray all sides with cooking spray. Drizzle with the olive oil and S&P coating all sides..
- Put wedges on a sprayed baking rack into the oven for 12 minutes, turning once, until wilted and slightly charred..
- Before you serve them, drizzle balsamic glaze on them and top with shaved cheese..
- This is excellent on the grill also. If grilling, place on sprayed foil and turn every minute for about 6 minutes..
Meanwhile, brush radicchio quarters with olive oil. Place the broccolini in a single layer on two sheet pans. Place radicchio on small toaster oven pan; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange cut side down in a single layer. In this salad roasted pears and radicchio complement each other, the sweetness of the fruit taming the naturally bitter edge of the radicchio.