Quinoa & Yogurt Salad. Overview Information Quinoa is a plant. The seed of quinoa is eaten like a grain, like wheat. However, it is not a true grain.
It is a herbaceous annual plant grown as a crop primarily for its edible seeds; the seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals in amounts greater than in many grains. Quinoa is not a grass, but rather a. Quinoa Vegetable Salad "This is a wonderful dish—light and very tasty! You can have Quinoa & Yogurt Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa & Yogurt Salad
- It’s 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It’s 1 large of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 large of Cucumber.
- You need 4 medium of Turnips.
- Prepare 1 large of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar free plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
I served it with grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Quinoa is an ancient South American grain that was largely ignored for centuries. Interestingly, it was only recently noticed by the rest of the world and hailed as a "superfood" due to its high. Find quinoa recipes perfect for a side dish or main course from Bobby, Giada, Guy and more Food Network chefs.
Quinoa & Yogurt Salad instructions
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Chop the carrots, cucumber, turnips and avocado into very small squares.
- Add the chopped vegetables, the quinoa and the yogurt to a bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Quinoa is a super grain that's packed with protein and vitamins. Come right this way for healthy dinner bowls, hearty breakfasts, fun salads and more crave-worthy quinoa recipes. Quinoa grows with a bitter-tasting, protective coating called saponin. Though what you buy in grocery stores is pre-rinsed quinoa, another run under the faucet doesn't hurt. Pour uncooked quinoa into a fine-mesh sieve and put it under cold water for a few seconds.