Egg topped southern fried cabbage. Egg topped southern fried cabbage OK. So southern fried cabbage might be a hard sell for some. But I think anything with bacon in it can be topped with an egg..
Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Just as No Yolks noodles are versatile, so is cabbage. This hardy vegetable can sit in the bottom of your veggie drawer for ages and come out looking very little worse for the wear — meaning you can keep these ingredients on hand to make this meal at a moment's notice! You can cook Egg topped southern fried cabbage using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg topped southern fried cabbage
- It’s 1 of Duck Egg (or chicken etc).
- You need 1 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee (or grass-fed butter).
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onions.
- You need 1/4 head of cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ACV.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Lastly, a sprinkle of freshly grated PARMESAN on top adds a nice little extra and a bit of protein.. Southern Fried Cabbage is so simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!.
Egg topped southern fried cabbage step by step
- Cut bacon and fry in cast iron skillet with extra bacon fat..
- Add onions and ghee/butter to skillet, and let the onions brown..
- Add chopped or shredded cabbage to skillet and stir around. Cover and let cook 20 minutes or until soft..
- Add raw apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to plate..
- Cook egg in desired fashion to top cabbage. I prefer crispy fried egg in olive oil..
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Once hot, turn off heat. Crack egg in skillet. With spoon, ladle hot oil over uncooked areas. When edges are crispy, transfer egg to plate.
Chop cabbage in small pieces or shred and add to large mixing bowl. Whisk together the milk, butter, shredded cheese, black pepper, salt and eggs. Add caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Stir cabbage and bacon into noodles and serve. Carla's deep-fried egg rolls are filled with a perfectly seasoned combination of cabbage, green onions, and chopped meat or shrimp.