Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. This creamy, divine butternut squash, sausage and penne pasta is made start to finish in ONE skillet.
Butternut squash, sweet Italian sausage, sage and pasta go together like, well like butternut squash and sage. Everything is cooked in the same pan When we heat the butter and it starts to brown (caramelize), it adds a ton of flavor. We're really "pan roasting" the butternut squash for this dish. You can cook Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- Prepare Half of pound Italian sausage.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need Half of pound pasta.
- You need of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 handful of Baby spinach.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
Puree butternut squash and cooking cream set aside. Melt butter in a pan and add shallots. Cook until translucent then add sage. Add spinach just before serving and cook for.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach instructions
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
Butternut squash sauce is rich and creamy without the cream. I can see this replacing a lot of the cream based pasta sauces in my repertoire. That and of course it makes sausage fiend OH super happy. Baby spinach is an easy green addition to this dish but you can also add in wilted swiss chard. Add cooked pasta, sausage, butternut squash, and spinach to the sauce and toss everything together so it is all coated in a rich creamy sauce.