Orange Sauce Fettuccine, with Fish & Veg.
You can cook Orange Sauce Fettuccine, with Fish & Veg using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Sauce Fettuccine, with Fish & Veg
- Prepare of First the Sauce;.
- You need 1 of , 28 ounce can of Plum tomatoes (salted).
- You need 1/2 of + cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomato Paste (Wet).
- It’s 1 of small can of baby sweet corn (chopped).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (chopped finely).
- Prepare 2 of fillets of Haddock.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated).
- Prepare Squeeze of half a lime or lemon.
- It’s of Seasonongs: I added a tsp of dry pepper, tsp of crushed red pepper, tsp of cayenne, and a tsp of basil powder.
- Prepare of Next, the Spaghetti;.
- Prepare 1 package of Fettucini (cook in water, add olive oil and salt) – cook to your liking, drain.
Orange Sauce Fettuccine, with Fish & Veg instructions
- In a large pot with cooking oil (I used olive oil), add the finely chopped white onion, & minced garlic until bronzed..
- Then add the can of plum tomatoes, and break apart the plum tomatoes until it is mostly liquid..
- Next add the 1/2 cup of tomato paste and combine..
- Then, add your seasonings, some of which I mentioned above..
- Then add a squeeze of half a lime preferably, or lemon (to cut the sauce if it is too salty)..
- Let the sauce cook down, then slowly add the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (grated), and slower yet, the 1/2 cup of heavy cream (I used a half & half)..
- Next drain the can of baby corn and add it to the sauce mixture..
- In the meantime, cook the fettucini in a pot, then drain..
- Then, cook the 2 fillets of Haddock (no seasonings) in a small fry pan until flaky..
- Combine the fettucini with the sauce or keep them separate, as I do – so you can layer the sauce on top of the fettucini, and the unseasoned cooked haddock on top of the 'orange sauce'..
- Notes, any type of noodle will do. Top it off with some more parmesan. Even add black olives, and chopped parsley if you fancy..