Grilled Jerk Chicken.
You can have Grilled Jerk Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 4-6 of each chicken, breast or thighs 6 oz. each (delicious with pork :).
- It’s of salt -to lightly season the chicken before it is marinaded.
- You need 2-3 ounces of lime juice-fresh is best- 2-3 limes.
- It’s 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger,powdered or 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic-chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of each scotch bonnet or habanero chilies wear gloves and take out the seeds for less heat.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cilantro -no stems.
Grilled Jerk Chicken instructions
- Season the chicken lightly with salt.
- Mix the entire jerk marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute..
- Place the chicken and jerk marinade in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and let sit for at least 1 hour more time adds more flavor. (This can marinate overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade an save the leftover marinade…you can brush the chicken with it just before you are done grilling..
- On a moderate heated grill Cook until the the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 -170 degrees F.. Use the left over marinade and brush over the chicken 3 minutes before it is finished..
- Cooking Notes -We also did this in a 350 degree oven and had very good results. Charcoal grill is my favorite !!!.