Vendhaya kuzhambu. Vendhaya Kuzhambu Recipe – Recipe for spicy Tamilnadu style vendhaya kuzhambu made with roasted fenugreek seeds and masala. Recipe for vendhaya kuzhambu with step by step pictures. Like Vatha Kuzhambu, Vendhaya Kuzhambu is one of the most common and traditional kuzhambu in This kuzhambu is a perfect mix for rice.
Cool your body with Vendhayam (Fenugreek. vendhaya mor kuzhambu recipe with step by step photos. comforting, delicious, traditional south indian Mor kuzhambu corresponds to a south-Indian curd/buttermilk gravy based broth, where Mor. Fenugreek seeds are rich source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibres. This aromatic spice is also rich source of Iron. You can have Vendhaya kuzhambu using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vendhaya kuzhambu
- You need 4 tbs of Sprouted vendayam (fenugreek) -.
- You need 1 of Chopped onion -.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped tomato -.
- Prepare 1 of Green tomato/ tomatillo -.
- Prepare of Tamarind – gooseberry size.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder -.
- Prepare of To temper.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Sesame oil-.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds-.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Urad dal-.
- Prepare of Salt – as required.
Vendhaya Kuzhambu is a authentic South Indian gravy prepared with fenugreek. Tangy stews referred to as Kuzhambu or kulambu were my favorites after Sambar. I never was a Rasam person. Vendhaya kuzhambu recipe with step by step.
Vendhaya kuzhambu step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, let it splutter and add the urad dal and fenugreek seeds..
- Saute well and add in the onion, tomato and saute well. Now add in all the spices and masalas listed..
- Cook till the vegetables are soft, then add in the tamarind extract along with water, and cook till the water comes to a kolambu (thick soupy) consistency..
Sizzle up your rice with this mouthwatering Vendhaya Kuzhambu & it is one of the typical iyengar recipe. Spicy fenugreek seeds curry with coconut milk. I am sure you will like it. This fenugreek seed curry also known as Vendhaya Kuzhambu (in Tamil) is a. Vendhaya kuzhambu, vendhaya kulambu, vendhaya kolambu, puli kuzhambu recipe, kara kuzhambu recipe, south indian kuzhambu, fenugreek gravy, vendhayam.