Roast Chicken Leg. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic, and stir. After you're done with this recipe you may want to check my Slow Roasted Whole Chicken Legs witch is also super delicious but requires more baking time.
Meat on the bone can freak out certain people. If you prefer white meat, substitute the chicken leg with four split chicken breasts. This recipe is for fall-off-the-bone soft chicken leg quarters. You can cook Roast Chicken Leg using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken Leg
- Prepare 2 of chicken leg quarters.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- It’s Handful of asparagus.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes.
- You need of Rosemary.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
I love to serve roasted chicken leg quarters with roast potato wedges, smashed potatoes, either Jollof rice or a similar rice dish, potato salad, couscous, pan fried sweet potatoes and so on. When it comes to vegetable side dishes, any kind of salad would be great. Sure, chicken breasts get a lot of attention these days as people look for easy and delicious ways to eat healthier, but you can't deny the deliciousness of a well-cooked chicken leg. While the white meat parts of the chicken—the breast and wings—are often considered healthier than the dark meat part—chicken legs and thighs or quarters—the truth is, there isn't really that big a health.
Roast Chicken Leg step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut all vegetables to bite size.
- Put vegetables in a glass tray.
- Season vegetables with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Salt and pepper well on both sides of the chicken leg.
- Cut butter into cubes.
- Place butter cubes evenly over the vegetables.
- Place 3 to 4 bay leaves on top of vegetable.
- Place chicken legs on top of bay leaves, skin side up.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes on the skin of the chicken leg.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes covered.
- For the last 5 minutes, take the tray out and take tin foil off. Set oven to medium broil to crisp the skin of the legs.
BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS are the easiest way to get dinner on the table quickly! The skin crisps up in the oven, the seasoning is simple and perfect, and the chicken legs come out juicy every time! When I roast a chicken it's a sure thing that my kids are going to fight over the chicken legs. No bowls to wash, super fast prep all in one pan!. What I love about this recipe is its simplicity.