Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice.
You can have Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice
- It’s 3 of quarter parts of chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white cooking wine (can use regular white wine).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 of small potatoes.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cups of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice step by step
- Take the first 4 ingredients and combine them. And marinate the chicken for 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is marinating, quarter the potatoes, slice the onion, cut the carrots into thirds, and slice the peppers into think slices..
- Heat the instant pot to sear with oil. Add onion and garlic.
- Add chicken… let the chicken caramelize before turning over. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes, carrots, peppers, bay leaves and coconut milk and stir..
- Put rice in a steamer basket then add the water and place in instant pot. Make sure all of the rice is covered with water. Close the lid and set to the chicken setting on your instant pot..